Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Reorganizing


sloth brought to you by http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1805540029/photo/248343

After a solid weekend of slothdom brought on by raging hormonal enslavement, my headaches ceased and my energy level buoyed enough for me to rearrange the dining room yesterday. I moved the computer to the worktable, and moved the dining room table out so that we could actually, like, eat on it now. Or set up the sewing machine on it. Or do any number of things on it like a normal family would. My Kitchenaid mixer makes a lovely centerpiece.

Yes, I know, normal is overrated. Still, even though it eats a bit of space in the general living area, it adds a bit of space to the dining room area proper, so that I can spread out just a little as I go through boxes and throw things out. In my moving yesterday, I discovered a box of bank stuff that is ancient, can probably all be shredded, burned, etc. Also, we have a tiny computer graveyard in the dining area: two monitors, two CPUs, and a dot-matrix printer from the stone age...going to look up CompUSA™ online or call them to see if they can recycle any of it, and if not, it's hitting the dumpster (unless there's a techhie in town who's dying for some antiques; I mean, one of the CPUs has a 5¼" floppy drive!)

I'll probably deal with boxes this week and hit the movie poster corner on the weekend. I don't know what to do about those. There's probably nothing actually stopping me legally from selling 'em on eBay or something, but that just seems like more trouble than it's worth. Cross that bridge as we get closer to it...actually, I oughta donate some to the PPD rummage sale. Hmmm....

Papasan's going to a good home next weekend. Couch slipcovering on back burner indefinitely as we try to keep up with bills instead of letting 'em slide too out of control.

No comments: