Thursday, July 20, 2006

It's the little things

It's just hard to go through boxes during the week. I know I'll need to step it up eventually, but between doctor's appointments and the tail end of hormonal enslavement this week, I have all the energy of Spanish moss by the time I get home from work...and that's with them letting us go early again this week!

Les filed his paperwork for a duplicate Social Security card this week (original got lost ages ago), so he should be able to look for work soon without any identity hangups.

One of the things to touch on when I'm projecting this move is what happens if I get pregnant between now and April. No, we're not trying per se yet, but I'm in the process of getting my ducks in a row healthwise, making sure all parts are fully functional, eating healthier, exercising, adjusting my meds. Much as I can't stand this city, I have a really delightful OB/GYN so I'd probably elect to stick around Jax til after birth, should the need arise. That would bring up a host of issues, like whether we stay in our current pit and deal with a significant rent increase (as my complex is under renovation and will hit market value sometime next year), or deal with the royal inconvenience of a short-term move in town. Easier to just stay put, but not worth the money...

Moved the wood coffee table into the bedroom, where it takes up quite a bit of space, but allows me an area to put my feet up when sitting on the Terra chair, as well as a workspace for books, knitting, etc. Les slid the dining table more into the dining area, which opens up more space and allows him a clear shot to throw things at the cat when she goes into the vertical blinds.

No comments: