Friday, July 28, 2006

Another weekend, another fresh start

This week was a wash, thanks to the arrival of Kylie Johnson-Burnett, my new niece. We were in SC from Monday night til Thursday morning, when we left at the crack and I went straight to work upon arrival back in Jax. Worked til 8, hit the sack on time, and here we are at Friday again already.

So how about taking last week's list and changing or expanding upon it:
1. Pass papasan chair onto ruthee.
2. Dig into boxes in dining area.
3. Purge filing cabinet.
4. Reorganize VHS shelves.
5. Call Comp USA about recycling the old computers.
6. Call dry cleaners and price preserving wedding dress.
7. Get a little sun.

Les looked into recycling the computers online, but found that a) it's probably more trouble than it's worth to ship them anywhere, in addition to being expensive, b) it's sort of illegal to just throw them out (considered hazardous material). Yeah, I know, like who's going to notice, but still worth factoring into the equation. I'm going to call the local CompUSA right down the street from us and see if they have any kind of program. Also, I think that list is plenty, so I'll save the walk-in closet box reorganization idea from last week for during the next week in the evenings. Give me something to do when I'm bored with knitting or reading.

The brain is such a fickle thing. Watching Kara give birth this week had me thinking I'd rather have my first kid here in Jax, because I have the most awesome OB/GYN on the planet and the hospital in SC offered more than one instance of practices that I'd frown upon in my own childbirthing. The doc bum-rushed her by breaking her water as he was telling her he was going to do it, so he could place a probe on the baby's head (hey doc, tell me what you're going to do BEFORE my legs are spread, whydoncha?!) and they put Oxycontin in her saline without even telling her. Now granted, this is a girl with chronic pain issues from fibromyalgia and a seriously low pain tolerance, but still...Anyway, came to my senses this morning and reminded myself that a) we're moving to Columbia, not Aiken; likely better medical facilities, b) I'm hoping to go all natural, which will certainly be communicated to all staff related to my sitch before I hit stirrups, c) it's all still academic since we won't be trying to get me pregnant for at least another 5 months, and d) I FRICKIN' HATE JACKSONVILLE!!! So I think allowances can be made regardless of my condition, once April rolls around, provided we're actually prepared to move.

So let's add to this weekend's list a budget and projection for now til the end of the year, highlighting the serious bills that have to be remedied before we can lay down an application for rental anywhere else, and looking over Les's SS disability paperwork for him. The damn doc is about to go on sabbatical, so it's imperative we duke it out with his office for his records before then.

No comments: