Monday, April 07, 2008

There are no words

Well, yeah, right, I'm a writer, there's plenty of words...it just dawned on me that it's only been a year since we were trying to move to SC, not two...our plans fell through last April, and Dad passed away in May, and I remember thanking the gods that SC fell through, because I couldn't imagine not being in Jacksonville when that went down. It feels like yesterday, and at the same time, so much has happened (mainly inside me...so much has changed, or feels like it has)...realizing that it really has only been a year since we last tried to move to SC is a reality that'll take some getting used to.

Not that it means anything in the grand scheme...just shocking is all. I mean, not much has changed actually...we're still pretty screwed financially and it'll take at least this next year to get us anywhere near ready to move out of state. But I really thought it'd been 2 years since we'd last tried, since I'd gotten so close, only to have housing fall through. How can it be that last year, right at this time, I was finding out that we weren't going to be able to pull off the move?

My god, but it's maddening the way the grief sneaks up on you...I was just editing a website that services the Androscoggin county area of Maine, and the tears moved to the front of my eyes...there's papermills in that area, Dad used to travel up there. When's it going to stop socking me in the gut like that?

No comments: