Tuesday, April 22, 2008

So much stuff...

I look around our apartment and wonder how we're going to be able to purge enough to move comfortably. I look around my mom's house and see things I'm going to inherit. It's overwhelming. There are things I want and am happy to take off her hands, but when we're still living in 800 square feet and can't afford a storage space realistically, it's a tad daunting. I'm only looking for houses to rent in Columbia; I'm over the concept of an apartment and then some.

About 2/3rd of the aloe has been gifted, which is a large relief. Mom and I planted a border of aloe and herbs in front of her shrubs last weekend, and one big plant went to Mom J. as well. That leaves the Big Boys (who are reaching "holy shit" proportions), and a large pot with about 3 plants, some babies, and a weed that I'm curious about and planning to transplant to its own pot. In a remarkable turn of events, the complex is actually building our porch this week, so I may get to do some planting after all. Going to skim my Garden Primer for ideas on later-spring planting...

Made a reservation at Sesquiscentennial (sp?) State Park in Columbia for 3 weeks from now. We'll spend a day with his folks, and then go over and camp. Should be exhausting, but fun; we've only really camped twice(?), but we both enjoy it.

So the next couple of weeks will be spent cataloging what we do own and purging more, to make room for things we may inherit. Reclaiming our porch. Figuring out how to move the computer desk from Mom's place to ours. Purging some more. Getting some more stuff boxed (like winter clothes). Did I mention purging?

No comments: