Wednesday, January 09, 2008

2008

A year for creating stability hopefully. Last May knocked everything so far off its flocking axis, I'm only just now standing on two steady feet again. I still can't believe he's gone.



So it's a new year. Our bank account's still in the hole, but we survived Christmas with no one's feelings hurt significantly, thanks to my bonus. Now it's time to dig out and get stable.



Financially we're in real trouble; have been dealing in cash and prepaid debits since Thanksgiving. We received our first nastygram from the bank around Christmas, threatening to close our account if we don't start depositing funds. Going to hit them at lunchtime with my questions, because I'd really rather not lose an account at so reputable a bank; our credit's in enough trouble.



The only way we're getting out of Florida is if Husby gets working and/or gets assistance. We filed the SS papers, he has a 2nd set to file as well, and he has a pain management appointment next week, where hopefully they'll tweak his meds more, make him more functional. He needs a different regimen, both for pain and depression. I'll prod him in those directions. My job is secure, but I need to create prep folders for both of us in case of emergency. My tenure keeps me confident, but the fact remains that business has been down for 6 months now. Given the economy, it stands to reason any job I went looking for right now would be a pay cut; might as well be prepared.



We'll renew our lease in April (please God, let that be an option!!), probably for a year. I can't stand the idea of continuing to stay in Florida, but we really have no choice, so it's time I accepted it for awhile. Bloom where I'm planted.

No comments: