Monday, March 12, 2007

Busy.......Scary........Packing.........

1. Mail stock info today.

Going to the post office to do that, which is probably idiotic because it's an in-town office, so I doubt it'll get there much faster, but I really want this expedited. Les made the comment that we should wait on the stock price to rise, but there's no way to know if it's going to fluctuate in the coming weeks so I shot that idea down. As IPO's go, it hasn't risen above its open price in a couple of months, so we're just going to have to take what we can get.

Spent the weekend packing and knitting a hat, with these weird lulls where my blood sugar was down...I haven't been eating right again. This weekend was more reorganizing or consolidating than it was packing IMO, though things definitely made it into boxes. But I was a girl about it too....filled these 2 old TV boxes with clothes, blankets, miscellaneous crap with the idea of putting them in our walk-in closet afterward to have them out of the way..........only to discover that the boxes were too damn large to fit through the blasted doorway. And I'd emptied this huge plastic Rubbermaid storage vessel with the intent of throwing it away, because I can't stand the thing, the lid has never fit, and it's so big it's unwieldy, only to have us both decide that it would be great for moving couch pillows and other light stuff, so maybe just for the move and then we'll throw it out........I still haven't decided if that's rationalizing or rational.

Which gets me thinking about how if I'm able to pack so much stuff a full 6 weeks early without us going out of our minds tearing into boxes every other day to find something or other that we need, what does that say about the level of crap that we own that we don't really use?

No comments: