Monday, March 26, 2012

Living Simpler for the Move

Too funny...last post was about getting back to college. Only took me a week to get over that nonsense. Such a flutterbudget.

I am definitely schooling myself, just shifted the subject matter. Invested in several books related to homesteading, both for the present and future, and am making strides lately at living smarter. My shifts in eating, getting away from processed food and cooking more from scratch, having me researching how to stock the pantry, finally get canning, making my own dairy. There's definitely more books to be had, but I'm easing off the purchasing for now...I have plenty to study, and one of my attempts at debt relief backfired, so before I start saving for the move, I need to get us out of tangential debt first. It sucks, but it's useless to buck the system.

I'm operating under the delusion that we can find affordable housing up there with our credit, so I'm thinking that I need to start sniffing out potential realtors before we even get up there to look around. I can't stand the idea of getting to December and realizing we can't move again, so I'm hoping there are resources that can show us what we need to accomplish to be able to rent up there.

One problem I'm finding is that gas prices being what they are, I don't have a clear idea of when we can get up there to look around. Whether we camp, grab a hotel, or shuttle between families, the money spent on that sort of venture would probably be a three-way push. Hard to imagine when you live paycheck to paycheck like we do.

Meantime, just gotta keep purging the apartment, bit by bit and keep planning and praying.

No comments: