Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Believing...

...WILL make it so.



Image from here.

Really just updating this one, because I'm in an updating mood...updated Ember Madrone and then realized I wanted to update Dark Meadow, just to get the heavy mood off of that one, so....

We can't save any money until after the turn of the Gregorian year. The holidays would suck any savings dry, so there's no point in even trying. Once we get through the holidays, I'll reassess. Unfortunately, we've been neglecting the car a bit though, so I'll need to keep that in the foreground as we start to save.

My company's stock has started climbing in response to our most recent merger. Most of my options were given to me at a price that's still potentially in the red, but there's a possibility of funds there next year. My 401(k) has been climbing too, but I absolutely don't want to touch that for the move, so it's not going to be an option until we are seriously desperate/down to the wire on this...

Husby's been up and around a little more, whether in response to passive-aggressive comments on my part or an increase in serotonin thanks to modern medicine, I can't tell. It does my heart good tho'. Hopefully next year, we can start him on a path back to civilization, first by fixing his teeth and then by finding work.

Figured out we save about $25 a month just with the Keep the Change thing thru Bank of America. The trick is leaving that money in the ole savings account....again, after the holidays...

I feel really positive of late about the move. Between saving, creative financing, and a lot of hard work, it will happen. This time next year, I'll be planning Thanksgiving at my house, because we'll have the most room. Almost a relief, this motivation...it'll move mountains when the time comes.

No comments: