Sunday, March 30, 2008

Thinking

Springtime. Time of new beginnings, fresh starts...we finally got the bank account back, which is a monumental relief, and next month my credit may get just a pinch cleaner, thanks to the 10-year mark on my bankruptcy. We're signing a new lease soon, on a place that ain't worth the money unless you count the area of town we live in, and it has me thinking hard about how we've let ourselves slip off our path, and what needs to be done to get back on that sucker.

We'll sign for one more year, because it's just unrealistic to do otherwise. It'll take that whole year just to get our credit to a place where we can move. Never mind that I hope to be pregnant this time next year, and just how vast an undertaking an out-of-town move is, after 10 years in one spot. That's what thinking is for.

I'm still on the mend from this flu, which helped me drop a couple of pounds and has me looking at life in different ways. I don't do sick well at all, and coupled with the decreased Paxil in my system...let's just say Husby's had his hands full with me. A move of this magnitude means putting life into different categories; there's just so much to consider, from where we move and what jobs are available, to a decent pain management doctor for Husby and potential schools...I let it drop for almost a year, and then Dad passed, and only now, another year later, am I able to look on the project with fresh eyes and head.

So where to start?
  • Nail down the most realistic locations.
  • Continue purging our belongings.
  • Price storage spaces here.
  • Stop acquiring furniture, unless it's going in a storage space.

This is just the beginnings of thoughts, the very first things coming into my head after a solid week and a half of fog and pain of flu...more later.

No comments: