Thursday, March 13, 2008

Planning, always planning...

Aloe:
  • Have to give it attention and thought this weekend; it's not enjoying the time out of the sun. Talk with Mom, see if she'll help with some topsoil and containers, and start planting over there.

Computer desk:

  • See if it can be broken down.
  • If so, transport it ASAP; if not, take measurements and form Plan B for acquisition.

I'm resigning myself to the fact that serious spring planting isn't going to occur; I just don't have access to enough sun. The porch was demolished about 2 weeks ago, but there's no way of knowing how long it's going to take for them to build the new one. We're talking subcontractors for an apartment complex; it's probably hard enough getting them to show up sober. Probably better this way anyway, gives me more time to educate myself. Finally found that Rodale book in my stash; combined with my garden primer and my herb books, it's a great start. I'd love to dabble in some indoor herbs, but I really don't trust Figaro not to nibble at anything that shoots up.

Thanks to Mom's apartment hunting, it's helped me realize that I just don't want to put forth the effort to look for anywhere else to live in this city. Our credit's probably only gotten worse since we tried to move to SC (2 years ago!), but I'm so over being here, in this town and this apartment. I want a yard, I don't give a damn what size, and a carport or garage where I can do stuff, and an extra bedroom for the intended small person, and a sunroom or office wouldn't get turned away either. I don't ask for much, I know ::wry grin:: So it's time to do more than set those goals. Once the bank account is back up to snuff, which should be in just another 2 weeks, by hook or by crook, I'll start budgeting. I told Les on our anniversary last week, that I really didn't want to be here more than 1 more year, and he was receptive.

No comments: