Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A tiny spark of potential good news

I think something cool has happened.

We've done a decent job destroying our credit over the last couple of years, enough so that I can't think about the move too hard because it brings on apoplectic hyperventilation at the thought that we'll never find a residence in Columbia when I want us to, because we're a serious financial risk. It's mainly some ancient bad check issues and old ER visit bills, and one biggie: the car repossession this past May. That's a serious biggie unfortunately, and no help for it at present.

So I go to my complex's office yesterday to put $ on the laundry card, and I inquire as to the status, or for that matter evidence, of the work order we put in 2 weeks ago about the bedroom closet (see other blog...short version, we can't hang anything). Come to find out that the reason the work order never got filled was because the complex has just been sold to AIMCO, and they're in the process of reintegrating management and staff.

AIMCO? That name's huge in the south! They've had apartment complexes in like, every town in Florida I've resided in. I race home, jump online, and sure enough, there are at least 5 complexes with varying shades of potential in the Columbia area owned by AIMCO. My thought is that we could possibly grandfather into a new lease, on the basis of our 9! years' residence in Auburn Glen, and hopefully bypass some of the heartache. Sure, I was hoping for a house initially, and it's still a possibility, but more important is to make it to the end of April and actually be loading a truck. Even as a stopgap (take a year to settle in, then find a house), the idea has possibilities, just gotta make sure the false eviction got cleaned off our record and talk to someone in management about transfer potential. Bugs me that the holiday will delay my work on this, but alas, Santa's nearly here. Cross your fingers for us!

No comments: