Monday, July 23, 2007

Well, could've been worse

Loathe when weekends go by as quickly as this sucker did. I'm going to start making lists again, so that I have things to cross off when they get accomplished; think it'll help me feel proactive.

Did get 2 biggies done this weekend: laundry, though it was a royal pain because Mom's dryer is basically useless; and moving furniture in the bedroom. There's actual floor space in the bedroom, and it baffles me that it took til Friday night for me to see how easy it would be to create that. I was planning to move the heavy coffee table into the closet, but I started cleaning on Friday night by clearing out all the crap from under the end table (reorganizing, throwing stuff out), and it dawned on me that the coffee table could fit in that spot. Measured the area to confirm this, moved all crap from around both tables onto the bed, and moved the furniture. We plainly have too much furniture for so small an apartment, but most of it is good stuff that we'd rather not throw out or consign, so once Les finds some kind of work, I'm going to look into a small storage unit.

I worked early Saturday, spent Saturday evening at Mom's house doing the laundry, and Sunday was spent with friends, so not as much time as I'd have liked. I'll have to be proactive about how I spend my evenings this week, because I'm pretty sure we're heading to SC this coming weekend for the baptism.

No comments: