Monday, August 28, 2006

Pondering

So I'm chatting up a coworker at PPD this past weekend and we're grousing about how our company doesn't seem to believe in little things like cost-of-living pay increases or paying us what we're worth according to the industry standard, and she clues me in as to a key reason why business has given the appearance of having dropped in recent weeks: we lost a significant business partner who was responsible for at least 40% of our revenue!!

ACK!

So it's got me thinking harder about what I want my next job to be. I'm certainly not going to burn bridges when we move; this job can be done remotely, and even with sucky pay, that's a good thing to have on the side. But I think I need to look seriously at employing myself in a full-time job up there, and have WSP as part-time from home. At least until I get pregnant.

So this week will be spent attempting to take some time to project, because I haven't made enough time yet to do that, and scanning the available opportunities up there for what may peak my interest. Also told Les that if his teeth are the only thing keeping him from looking for work, then he needs to a) go to my dentist down here and get a referral for another oral surgeon who may be cheaper than the ones we've encountered so far down here, or b) give serious thought to MCG (Medical College of Georgia), because they're infinitely less scary than say, Shands Dental, as far as cut-rate dentistry goes.

No comments: